Software Developers Report for May 7-11, 2018

Greetings, friends! It’s LibreBank’s development team reporting.

We decided to take a break and have two additional weekend days last week. We are certain that such a break is going to benefit us and that this week, we are going to impress you with new features and expanded capabilities.

So, here’s what we did last week:

Scientistnik:

We mainly focused on refactoring, integrating the Travis CI automatic testing system, and fixing a few display errors found in dApps (for example, we decided to increase the notification display time), as well as completing the following tasks:

  • Refactoring: Deposit and Faucet
  • Refactoring: Loan, Loans, NewOffer
  • Refactoring: DAO and NewProposal
  • Placing validators into a common (shared) plugin
  • Loan date: present in the form of days

Evercodex:

This week’s tasks were intended to improve the UI/UX, which made working with dApps a lot more convenient:

  • A variety of plugins were refactored
  • A streamlined form for convenient, machine-treatable report parameter filling integrated (for the owner)
  • An additional contact parameter display was integrated
  • We also integrated Vuex for centralized, pervasive parameter storage of dApp contracts and settings, which made the app work faster overall.

Software Developers Report for April 30 – May 4, 2018

This week’s major work guidelines:

During the work week, we focused on optimising the dApps for mobile devices and increasing the overall performance and code integrity.

It’s still far from ideal, but we are doing our best.

We read a ton of manuals and drank an unhealthy amount of coffee, but in the end, all our applications work adequately on any modern device, be it a smartphone or a huge, wide-format, all-in-one PC.

Localisation support has also been integrated (special thanks to the vue-i18n developers, who relieved us of many of the mundane actions that we otherwise would have had to execute).

At the end of the week, we actualized the tests, updated the test scenario migration profiles, and finished working on the deposit contract.  

Here is what we focused on this week:

  • dApp: improving the responsiveness of the mobile version of the dApp site
  • dApp: adding a language-switching option (English and Russian are currently available)
  • dApp: improving the validation of various forms
  • dApp: putting everything in a consistent style
  • dApp: running complex tests
  • Contracts: correcting the contract test
  • Contracts: integrating CI Travis and automatic smart-contract code linting
  • Contracts: executing deployment without the synchronisation of the public node net
  • dApp: adding contract balance output and tracking
  • dApp: validating JSON when publishing reports
  • dApp: implementing date localisation
  • Refactoring the bounty page, contract status, and the report

Software Developers Report for April 23-27, 2018

Greetings everyone, from LibreBank developers!

Our small but tightly-knit team is here to tell you what we’ve done this week.

decodemybrain: Any release is a complex and demanding moment, besides it is an important “toggle switcher,” so to speak: it switches the brain to the change recording and registering mode. Well, you know – you just want to keep refactoring the code again and again…

We’ve integrated bug-bounty contracts: if you can find a bug in our contracts, resulting in the possibility to get a large number of tokens, or if you break one of the key conditions, you get the money.

For your convenience, contracts will be published on Mainnet (to get a reward) and on Rinkeby – there you can train without actually spending real ether.

For your convenience we’ve implemented a small dApp (see our repository, dev thread), making it possible to easily deploy your contract version for testing in two clicks.

Also this week EverCodex helped us to significantly revise dApps in terms of design and user-friendliness. We fixed the layout, added notes and comments to elements. Also, during the process of preparing the release, we refactored the code, which positively affected the stability and speed of operation.

The fix of processing the Metamask transaction cancellation in Firefox was added (the behavior is a bit different from the same in Chrome).

We also thank him for: integration of menu auto generation, fixing the data filtering and adding the feature of Metamask absence processing.

Scientistnik: we excluded the developer’s debugging functionality in oracles – change in the request initiator contract, we’ve reduced the default gas prices constants, and completed the proposal of changing the arbitrator in the DAO’s contract, integrated the profiles system in migration and tests, which made the writing and launching process more convenient.

We’ve also integrated the feature of contract termination upon its expiration or it becoming irrelevant, which allows us to get rid of the problem of irrelevant contracts and other mess. We’ve added the possibility to re-use the oracle upon being changed, and unified the names of the exchanger’s and the bank’s methods.